Thai laws on marriage

Marriage and Family law in Thailand is governed by the Civil and Commercial Code book 5, sections 1435 to 1535. Below the sections governing 'engagement', 'conditions of marriage' and 'relationship of husband and wife'.

(Translation) (original Thai script)

1435. A betrothal can be effected only when the man and the women have completed there seventeenth year of age.

The betrothal contrary to the provision of paragraph one is void.

Section 1436. If a minor will conclude a betrothal, the consent of the following persons is required:

  1. his or her parents, in case booth of his her father and mother are still alive;
  2. his or her parent, in case his or her father or mother died, or is in condition of state of being unable to give consent, or is under the circumstances that make the minor unable to ask for such consent;
  3. his or her adopter, in case the minor is and adopted child
  4. his or her guardian, in case there is no person giving consent under (1), (2) and (3), or such person is deprived of parental power.

A betrothal concluded by the minor without the said consent is voidable.

Section 1437. Betrothal is not valid until the man gives or transfers the property which is Khongman to the woman as evidence that the woman after the betrothal has taken place. The Khongman shall become the property of the woman after the betrothal has taken place.

Sinsod is property given on the part of the man to the parents, adopter of guardian of the woman, as the case may be, in return of the woman agreeing to marry. If the marriage does not take place causing mainly from the woman or on account of any circumstances that make the woman responsible therefore and make the marriage unsuitable for the man or make the man unable to marry that woman, the man may claim the return of the Sinsod. The provisions of Section 412 to Section 418 of this Code on undue enrichment shall apply to the return of the Khongman or Sinsod under this Chapter, mutatis mutandis.

Section 11438. Betrothal does not give rise to an action for compulsory performance of the marriage. An agreement to pay a penalty in case of breach of the betrothal agreement is void.

Section 1439. After the betrothal has taken place if either party commits a breach of the betrothal agreement, such party shall be liable to make compensation. In case the woman commits a breach of the betrothal agreement, the Khongman shall also be returned to the man.

Section 1440. Compensation may be claimed as follows:

  1. for injury caused to the body or reputation of the man or woman;
  2. for appropriate expenses or debt incurred in good faith by the betrothed , his or her parents or a person acting in the capacity of his or her parents in preparation for the marriage;
  3. for damage suffered by the man or woman through having take appropriate measures affecting his or her property or other affairs relating to his or her occupation or earning in expectation of the marriage.

In case where the woman is entitled to the compensation, the Court may decide that the Khongman which has become her property is the whole or a part of compensation she will receive, or the Court may order for payment of the compensation without regard to Khongman that has become property of the woman.

Section 1441. Where one of the betrothal dies before the marriage, there shall be no claim for compensation. As for the Khongman or Sinsod, it need not be returned by the woman or on the part of the woman, irrespective if the death of either party.

Section 1442. In case where there is an essential event happening to the betrothed woman that make the marriage to the woman unsuitable, the man is entitled to renounce the betrothal agreement and the woman shall return the Khongman to the man.

Section 1443. In case where there is an essential event happening to the betrothed man that makes marriage to the man unsuitable, the woman is entitled to renounce the betrothal agreement and the Khongman need not to be returned to the man.

Section 1444. If the ground that makes the one betrothed renounce the betrothal agreement in the gross misconduct if the other taken place after the conclusion of betrothal, the betrothed who had committed the gross misconduct shall be liable to make compensation to the other who has exercised his or her right to renounce the betrothal agreement as if the former had committed a breach of the betrothal agreement.

Section 1445. A man who is betrothed to a woman may, after the betrothal agreement having been renounced under the Section 1442, claim compensation from any man who has sexual intercourse with the woman and has known or should have known of her betrothal.

Section 1446. A man who is betrothed may, without requiring him to renounce the betrothal agreement, claim compensation from any man who has had sexual intercourse or attempted to have sexual intercourse with the woman against her will, and the fact that the woman had been betrothed has been known or ought to have known to him.

Section 1447. The Court shall determine the compensation claimed under this Chapter according to the circumstances.

The claim under this Chapter, except to one in Section 1440 (2), cannot be transferred or inherited unless such claim has been acknowledged in writing or the action for compensation has been entered by the injured person.

Section 1447/1. The prescription for the claim for compensation under Section 1439 shall be six months from the date of the breach of the betrothal agreement.

The prescription for the claim for compensation under Section 1444 shall be six months from the day when the commission of gross misconduct which is the cause of renunciation of the betrothal agreement is known or should have known to the other betrothed, but no later than five years from the date of the said commission.

The prescription for the claim for compensation under Section 1445 and Section 1446 shall be six months from the day when the betrothed man knows or should have known the commission of any other man which is the cause of the claim and the person bound to make the compensation is known, but not later than five years from the date of such commission.

Section 1447/2. The prescription for the claim for return of the Khongman under section 1439 shall be six months from the date of the breach of the betrothal agreement.

The prescription for the return of the Khongman under Section 1442 shall be six months fro the date of denunciation of the betrothal agreement.


Conditions of Marriage

Section 1448. A marriage can take place only when the man and woman have completed their seventeenth year of age. But the Court may, in case of having appropriate reason, allow them to marry before attaining such age.

Section 1449. A marriage cannot take place if either the man or the woman is an insane person or adjudged incompetent.

Section 1450. A marriage cannot take place if the man and woman are blood relations in the direct ascendant or descendant line, or brother or sister of full or half blood. The said relationship shall be in accordance with blood relation without regard to its legitimacy.

Section 1451. An adopter cannot marry the adopted.

Section 1452. A marriage cannot take place if the man or woman is already the spouse of another person.

Section 1453. In case of the woman whose husband died or whose marriage has become terminated, the marriage can only take place if not less than three hundred and ten days have elapsed since the termination of her previous marriage, unless;

  1. a child has been born during such period;
  2. the divorced couple remarry;
  3. there is a certificate issued by a qualified doctor who is a lawful physical practitioner in medicine showing that the woman is not pregnant;
  4. there is an order of the Court allowing the woman to marry

Section 1454. In case of marriage of a minor, the provisions of Section 1436 shall apply mutatis mutandis.

Section 1455 Giving consent to the marriage may be made:

  1. by affixing signature of the person giving consent in the Register at the time of registration of the marriage;
  2. by a consent document stating the names of the parties to the marriage and signed by the person giving consent;
  3. by verbal declaration before at least two witnesses in case of necessity.

The consent having been given cannot be revoked.

Section 1456. In case where there is no person having the power to give consent under Section 1454, or if the person refuses to give consent or is in the position of being unable to give consent, or the minor cannot, in such circumstances, ask for the consent, the minor may file an application with the Court for giving consent to the marriage.

Section 1457 Marriage under this Code shall be effected only on registration being made.

Section 1458. A marriage can take place only if the man and woman agree to take each other as husband and wife, and such agreement must be declared publicly before the Registrar in order to have it recorded by the Registrar.

Section 1459. A marriage in foreign country between Thai people or between a Thai people and a foreigner may be effected according to the form prescribed by Thai law or by the law of the country where it takes place.

If the spouses desire to have the marriage registered according to Thai law, the registration shall be effected by a Thai Diplomatic or Consular Officer.

Section 1460. In case where there exists special circumstances that make the marriage registration by the Registrar unable because either or both of the man and woman were in imminent danger of death or in the state of armed conflict or war, if a declaration of intention to marry has been made by the man and woman before a person of sui juris living there, who would have noted down as an evidence such intention, and if the registration of marriage between the man and woman was effected thereafter not later than ninety days as from the date of first possible opportunity to apply for registration of marriage with production of the evidence of the intention in order to have the date and place of declaration of intention to marry and the special circumstances recorded by the Registrar in the Marriage Register, the day on which declaration of intention to marry has been made to the said person shall be deemed as the date of registration of marriage.

The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the marriage that is void if it should take place on the date of declaration of intention.


Relationship of husband and wife

Section 1461. Husband and wife shall cohabit as husband and wife.

Husband and wife shall maintain and support each other according to his or her ability and condition in life.

Section 1462. Where the physical or mental health or happiness of either spouse is greatly imperiled by continuance of cohabitation, the spouse so imperiled may apply to the Court for authorization to live apart while the danger persists; and in such case, the Court may order such amount of maintenance to be furnished by one of the spouses to the other as may be proper according to the circumstances.

Section 1463. If one of the spouses is adjudged incompetent or quasi-incompetent, the other becomes guardian or curator by operation of law. But on application of any interested person or of Public Prosecutor, the Court may on substantial grounds, appoint another person as guardian or curator.

Section 1464. If one of the spouse becomes insane, irrespective of whether he or she has been adjudged incompetent or not, and the other fails to give proper maintenance to the insane spouse under Section 1461 paragraph two, does or fails to do any thing to the extent that it plunges the insane spouse into the position which is likely endangering the latter's body or mind, or causing any undue loss to the latter's property, the persons as specified in Section 28 or the guardian may enter an action against the other claiming maintenance for the insane spouse, or apply for any order of the Court to protect the insane spouse.

If, in case of entering the action for maintenance under paragraph one, no order has yet been given to effect the insane spouse to become incapacitated person, an application shall be made 10 the Court in the same case for an order effecting such insane spouse to be an incapacitated person and to appoint the applicant himself or herself as the guardian. If such order effecting the incapacitated person on the insane spouse has been given, an application for removal of the old guardian and appointment of a new one may be made.

In applying for any order of the Court for protecting the insane spouse without claiming maintenance, the applicant may not request the Court to order effecting the insane spouse to be an incapacitated person or to change the guardian. If the measures for protection as requested, in the opinion of the Court, requires an appointment or change of the guardian, the Court shall firstly give an order effecting the carrying out of the similar activities as provided in paragraph two, and then give a protection order as it is deemed suitable.

Section 1464/1. During the Court trial under Section 1464, the Court may, upon request, determine any temporary measures concerning the maintenance or protection of the insane spouse as it is deemed suitable. If it is a case of emergency, the provisions on the request in case of emergency under the Civil Procedure Code shall apply.

มาตรา 1435 การหมั้นจะทำได้ต่อเมื่อชายและหญิงมีอายุสิบเจ็ดปีบริบูรณ์แล้ว การหมั้นที่ฝ่าฝืนบทบัญญัติวรรคหนึ่งเป็นโมฆะ

มาตรา 1436 ผู้เยาว์จะทำการหมั้นได้ต้องได้รับความยินยอมของบุคคลดังต่อไปนี้

  1. บิดาและมารดา ในกรณีที่มีทั้งบิดามารดา
  2. บิดาหรือมารดา ในกรณีที่มารดาหรือบิดาตายหรือถูกถอนอำนาจปกครองหรือ ไม่อยู่ในสภาพหรือฐานะที่อาจให้ความยินยอม หรือโดยพฤติการณ์ผู้เยาว์ไม่อาจขอความยินยอม จากมารดาหรือบิดาได้
  3. ผู้รับบุตรบุญธรรม ในกรณีที่ผู้เยาว์เป็นบุตรบุญธรรม
  4. ผู้ปกครอง ในกรณีที่ไม่มีบุคคลซึ่งอาจให้ความยินยอมตาม (1) (2) และ (3) หรือมีแต่บุคคลดังกล่าวถูกถอนอำนาจปกครอง


มาตรา 1437 การหมั้นจะสมบูรณ์เมื่อฝ่ายชายได้ส่งมอบหรือโอนทรัพย์สิน อันเป็นของหมั้นให้แก่หญิงเพื่อเป็นหลักฐานว่าจะสมรสกับหญิงนั้น เมื่อหมั้นแล้วให้ของหมั้นตกเป็นสิทธิแก่หญิง สินสอด เป็นทรัพย์สินซึ่งฝ่ายชายให้แก่บิดามารดา ผู้รับบุตรบุญธรรมหรือ ผู้ปกครองฝ่ายหญิง แล้วแต่กรณี เพื่อตอบแทนการที่หญิงยอมสมรส ถ้าไม่มีการสมรสโดยมี เหตุสำคัญอันเกิดแก่หญิงหรือโดยมีพฤติการณ์ซึ่งฝ่ายหญิงต้องรับผิดชอบ ทำให้ชายไม่สมควร หรือไม่อาจสมรสกับหญิงนั้น ฝ่ายชายเรียกสินสอดคืนได้ ถ้าจะต้องคืนของหมั้นหรือสินสอดตามหมวดนี้ให้นำบทบัญญัติมาตรา 412 ถึง มาตรา 418 แห่งประมวลกฎหมายนี้ว่าด้วยลาภมิควรได้มาใช้บังคับโดยอนุโลม

มาตรา 1438 การหมั้นไม่เป็นเหตุที่จะร้องขอให้ศาลบังคับให้สมรสได้ ถ้าได้ มีข้อตกลงกันไว้ว่าจะให้เบี้ยปรับในเมื่อผิดสัญญาหมั้น ข้อตกลงนั้นเป็นโมฆะ

มาตรา 1439 เมื่อมีการหมั้นแล้ว ถ้าฝ่ายใดผิดสัญญาหมั้นอีกฝ่ายหนึ่งมีสิทธิเรียก ให้รับผิดใช้ค่าทดแทน ในกรณีที่ฝ่ายหญิงเป็นฝ่ายผิดสัญญาหมั้นให้คืนของหมั้นแก่ฝ่ายชายด้วย

มาตรา 1440 ค่าทดแทนนั้นอาจเรียกได้ ดังต่อไปนี้

  1. ทดแทนความเสียหายต่อกายหรือชื่อเสียงแห่งชายหรือหญิงนั้น
  2. ทดแทนความเสียหายเนื่องจากการที่คู่หมั้น บิดามารดา หรือบุคคลผู้กระทำการ ในฐานะเช่นบิดามารดาได้ใช้จ่ายหรือต้องตกเป็นลูกหนี้เนื่องในการเตรียมการสมรสโดยสุจริตและ ตามสมควร
  3. ทดแทนความเสียหายเนื่องจากการที่คู่หมั้นได้จัดการทรัพย์สินหรือการอื่น อันเกี่ยวแก่อาชีพหรือทางทำมาหาได้ของตนไปโดยสมควรด้วยการคาดหมายว่าจะได้มีการสมรส

ในกรณีที่หญิงเป็นผู้มีสิทธิได้ค่าทดแทน ศาลอาจชี้ขาดว่า ของหมั้นที่ตกเป็นสิทธิ แก่หญิงนั้นเป็นค่าทดแทนทั้งหมดหรือเป็นส่วนหนึ่งของค่าทดแทนที่หญิงพึงได้รับ หรือศาลอาจ ให้ค่าทดแทนโดยไม่คำนึงถึงของหมั้นที่ตกเป็นสิทธิแก่หญิงนั้นก็ได้

มาตรา 1441 ถ้าคู่หมั้นฝ่ายหนึ่งตายก่อนสมรส อีกฝ่ายหนึ่งจะเรียกร้องค่าทดแทน มิได้ ส่วนของหมั้นหรือสินสอดนั้นไม่ว่าชายหรือหญิงตาย หญิงหรือฝ่ายหญิงไม่ต้องคืนให้แก่ ฝ่ายชาย

มาตรา 1442 ในกรณีมีเหตุสำคัญอันเกิดแก่หญิงคู่หมั้นทำให้ชายไม่สมควรสมรส กับหญิงนั้น ชายมีสิทธิบอกเลิกสัญญาหมั้นได้และให้หญิงคืนของหมั้นแก่ชาย

มาตรา 1443 ในกรณีมีเหตุสำคัญอันเกิดแก่ชายคู่หมั้นทำให้หญิงไม่สมควรสมรส กับชายนั้น หญิงมีสิทธิบอกเลิกสัญญาหมั้นได้โดยมิต้องคืนของหมั้นแก่ชาย

มาตรา 1444 ถ้าเหตุอันทำให้คู่หมั้นบอกเลิกสัญญาหมั้นเป็นเพราะการกระทำชั่ว อย่างร้ายแรงของคู่หมั้นอีกฝ่ายหนึ่งซึ่งได้กระทำภายหลังการหมั้น คู่หมั้นผู้กระทำชั่วอย่างร้ายแรง นั้นต้องรับผิดใช้ค่าทดแทนแก่คู่หมั้นผู้ใช้สิทธิบอกเลิกสัญญาหมั้นเสมือนเป็นผู้ผิดสัญญาหมั้น

มาตรา 1445 ชายคู่หมั้นอาจเรียกค่าทดแทนจากชายอื่นซึ่งได้ร่วมประเวณีกับหญิง คู่หมั้นโดยรู้หรือควรจะรู้ว่าหญิงได้หมั้นกับชายคู่หมั้นนั้นแล้วได้ เมื่อชายคู่หมั้นได้บอกเลิกสัญญา หมั้นตามมาตรา 1442 แล้ว

มาตรา 1446 ชายคู่หมั้นอาจเรียกค่าทดแทนจากชายอื่นซึ่งได้ข่มขืนกระทำชำเรา หรือพยายามข่มขืนกระทำชำเราหญิงคู่หมั้นโดยรู้หรือควรจะรู้ว่าหญิงได้หมั้นแล้วได้โดยไม่จำต้อง บอกเลิกสัญญาหมั้น

มาตรา 1447 ค่าทดแทนอันจะพึงชดใช้แก่กันตามหมวดนี้ให้ศาลวินิจฉัยตามควร แก่พฤติการณ์ สิทธิเรียกร้องค่าทดแทนตามหมวดนี้ นอกจากค่าทดแทนตามมาตรา 1440 (2) ไม่อาจโอนกันได้และไม่ตกทอดไปถึงทายาท เว้นแต่สิทธินั้นจะได้รับสภาพกันไว้เป็นหนังสือหรือ ผู้เสียหายได้เริ่มฟ้องคดีตามสิทธินั้นแล้ว

มาตรา 1447/1 สิทธิเรียกร้องค่าทดแทนตามมาตรา 1439 ให้มีอายุความหกเดือน นับแต่วันที่ผิดสัญญาหมั้น

สิทธิเรียกร้องค่าทดแทนตามมาตรา 1444 ให้มีอายุความหกเดือนนับแต่วันรู้หรือ ควรรู้ถึงการกระทำชั่วอย่างร้ายแรงอันเป็นเหตุให้บอกเลิกสัญญาหมั้น แต่ต้องไม่เกินห้าปีนับแต่ วันกระทำการดังกล่าว

สิทธิเรียกร้องค่าทดแทนตามมาตรา 1445 และมาตรา 1446 ให้มีอายุความหกเดือน นับแต่วันที่ชายคู่หมั้นรู้หรือควรรู้ถึงการกระทำของชายอื่นอันจะเป็นเหตุให้เรียกค่าทดแทนและ รู้ตัวผู้จะพึงใช้ค่าทดแทนนั้น แต่ต้องไม่เกินห้าปีนับแต่วันที่ชายอื่นได้กระทำการดังกล่าว

มาตรา 1447/2 สิทธิเรียกคืนของหมั้นตามมาตรา 1439 ให้มีอายุความหกเดือน นับแต่วันที่ผิดสัญญาหมั้น สิทธิเรียกคืนของหมั้นตามมาตรา 1442 ให้มีอายุความหกเดือนนับแต่วันที่ได้ บอกเลิกสัญญาหมั้น

หมวด 2


มาตรา 1448 การสมรสจะทำได้ต่อเมื่อชายและหญิงมีอายุสิบเจ็ดปีบริบูรณ์แล้ว แต่ในกรณีที่มีเหตุอันสมควร ศาลอาจอนุญาตให้ทำการสมรสก่อนนั้นได้

มาตรา 1449 การสมรสจะกระทำมิได้ถ้าชายหรือหญิงเป็นบุคคลวิกลจริตหรือ เป็นบุคคลซึ่งศาลสั่งให้เป็นคนไร้ความสามารถ

มาตรา 1450 ชายหญิงซึ่งเป็นญาติสืบสายโลหิตโดยตรงขึ้นไปหรือลงมาก็ดี เป็นพี่น้องร่วมบิดามารดาหรือร่วมแต่บิดาหรือมารดาก็ดี จะทำการสมรสกันไม่ได้ ความเป็นญาติ ดังกล่าวมานี้ให้ถือตามสายโลหิต โดยไม่คำนึงว่าจะเป็นญาติโดยชอบด้วยกฎหมายหรือไม่

มาตรา 1451 ผู้รับบุตรบุญธรรมและบุตรบุญธรรมจะสมรสกันไม่ได้

มาตรา 1452 ชายหรือหญิงจะทำการสมรสในขณะที่ตนมีคู่สมรสอยู่ไม่ได้

มาตรา 1453 หญิงที่สามีตายหรือที่การสมรสสิ้นสุดลงด้วยประการอื่นจะทำการ สมรสใหม่ได้ต่อเมื่อการสิ้นสุดแห่งการสมรสได้ผ่านพ้นไปแล้วไม่น้อยกว่าสามร้อยสิบวัน เว้นแต่

  1. คลอดบุตรแล้วในระหว่างนั้น
  2. สมรสกับคู่สมรสเดิม
  3. มีใบรับรองแพทย์ประกาศนียบัตรหรือปริญญาซึ่งเป็นผู้ประกอบการรักษาโรค ในสาขาเวชกรรมได้ตามกฎหมายว่ามิได้มีครรภ์ หรือ
  4. มีคำสั่งของศาลให้สมรสได้

มาตรา 1454 ผู้เยาว์จะทำการสมรสให้นำความในมาตรา 1436 มาใช้บังคับ โดยอนุโลม

มาตรา 1455 การให้ความยินยอมให้ทำการสมรสจะกระทำได้แต่โดย

  1. ลงลายมือชื่อในทะเบียนขณะจดทะเบียนสมรส
  2. ทำเป็นหนังสือแสดงความยินยอมโดยระบุชื่อผู้จะสมรสทั้งสองฝ่ายและ ลงลายมือชื่อของผู้ให้ความยินยอม
  3. ถ้ามีเหตุจำเป็น จะให้ความยินยอมด้วยวาจาต่อหน้าพยานอย่างน้อยสองคน ก็ได้ ความยินยอมนั้น


มาตรา 1456 ถ้าไม่มีผู้ที่มีอำนาจให้ความยินยอมตามมาตรา 1454 หรือมีแต่ไม่ให้ ความยินยอมหรือไม่อยู่ในสภาพที่อาจให้ความยินยอม หรือโดยพฤติการณ์ผู้เยาว์ไม่อาจขอความ ยินยอมได้ ผู้เยาว์อาจร้องขอต่อศาลเพื่ออนุญาตให้ทำการสมรส

มาตรา 1457 การสมรสตามประมวลกฎหมายนี้จะมีได้เฉพาะเมื่อได้จดทะเบียน แล้วเท่านั้น

มาตรา 1458 การสมรสจะทำได้ต่อเมื่อชายหญิงยินยอมเป็นสามีภริยากันและ ต้องแสดงการยินยอมนั้นให้ปรากฏโดยเปิดเผยต่อหน้านายทะเบียนและให้นายทะเบียนบันทึก ความยินยอมนั้นไว้ด้วย

มาตรา 1459 การสมรสในต่างประเทศระหว่างคนที่มีสัญชาติไทยด้วยกัน หรือ ฝ่ายใดฝ่ายหนึ่งมีสัญชาติไทย จะทำตามแบบที่กำหนดไว้ตามกฎหมายไทยหรือกฎหมายแห่ง ประเทศนั้นก็ได้

ในกรณีที่คู่สมรสประสงค์จะจดทะเบียนตามกฎหมายไทย ให้พนักงานทูตหรือ กงสุลไทยเป็นผู้รับจดทะเบียน

มาตรา 1460 เมื่อมีพฤติการณ์พิเศษซึ่งไม่อาจทำการจดทะเบียนสมรสต่อ นายทะเบียนได้เพราะชายหรือหญิงฝ่ายใดฝ่ายหนึ่งหรือทั้งสองฝ่ายตกอยู่ในอันตรายใกล้ความตาย หรืออยู่ในภาวะการรบหรือสงคราม ถ้าชายและหญิงนั้นได้แสดงเจตนาจะสมรสกันต่อหน้าบุคคล ซึ่งบรรลุนิติภาวะที่อยู่ ณ ที่นั้น แล้วให้บุคคลดังกล่าวจดแจ้งการแสดงเจตนาขอทำการสมรสของ

ชายและหญิงนั้นไว้เป็นหลักฐาน และต่อมาชายหญิงได้จดทะเบียนสมรสกันภายในเก้าสิบวัน นับแต่วันที่อาจทำการจดทะเบียนต่อนายทะเบียนได้โดยแสดงหลักฐานต่อนายทะเบียนและให้ นายทะเบียนจดแจ้งวัน เดือน ปี สถานที่ที่แสดงเจตนาขอทำการสมรส และพฤติการณ์พิเศษนั้น ไว้ในทะเบียนสมรส ให้ถือว่าวันแสดงเจตนาขอทำการสมรสต่อบุคคลดังกล่าวเป็นวันจดทะเบียน สมรสต่อนายทะเบียนแล้ว

ความในมาตรานี้มิให้ใช้บังคับถ้าหากจะมีการสมรสในวันแสดงเจตนาขอทำการ สมรส การสมรสนั้นจะตกเป็นโมฆะ

หมวด 3


มาตรา 1461 สามีภริยาต้องอยู่กินด้วยกันฉันสามีภริยา สามีภริยาต้องช่วยเหลืออุปการะเลี้ยงดูกันตามความสามารถและฐานะของตน

มาตรา 1462 ถ้าการอยู่ร่วมกันจะเป็นอันตรายแก่กายหรือจิตใจหรือทำลายความ ผาสุกอย่างมากของสามีหรือภริยาฝ่ายที่จะต้องรับอันตรายหรือความเสียหายอาจร้องต่อศาลขอให้ สั่งอนุญาตให้ตนอยู่ต่างหากในระหว่างที่เหตุนั้น ๆ ยังมีอยู่ก็ได้ ในกรณีเช่นนี้ศาลจะกำหนดจำนวน ค่าอุปการะเลี้ยงดูให้ฝ่ายหนึ่งเสียให้แก่อีกฝ่ายหนึ่งตามควรแก่พฤติการณ์ก็ได้

มาตรา 1463 ในกรณีที่ศาลสั่งให้สามีหรือภริยาเป็นคนไร้ความสามารถหรือ เสมือนไร้ความสามารถ ภริยาหรือสามีย่อมเป็นผู้อนุบาลหรือผู้พิทักษ์ แต่เมื่อผู้มีส่วนได้เสียหรือ อัยการร้องขอ และถ้ามีเหตุสำคัญ ศาลจะตั้งผู้อื่นเป็นผู้อนุบาลหรือผู้พิทักษ์ก็ได้

มาตรา 1464 ในกรณีที่คู่สมรสฝ่ายใดฝ่ายหนึ่งเป็นคนวิกลจริต ไม่ว่าศาลจะได้ สั่งให้เป็นคนไร้ความสามารถหรือไม่ ถ้าคู่สมรสอีกฝ่ายหนึ่งไม่อุปการะเลี้ยงดูฝ่ายที่วิกลจริตตาม มาตรา 1461 วรรคสอง หรือกระทำการหรือไม่กระทำการอย่างใด อันเป็นเหตุให้ฝ่ายที่วิกลจริตตก อยู่ในภาวะอันน่าจะเกิดอันตรายแก่กายหรือจิตใจ หรือตกอยู่ในภาวะอันน่าจะเกิดความเสียหาย

ทางทรัพย์สินถึงขนาด บุคคลตามที่ระบุไว้ในมาตรา 28 หรือผู้อนุบาลอาจฟ้องคู่สมรสอีกฝ่ายหนึ่ง เรียกค่าอุปการะเลี้ยงดูให้แก่ฝ่ายที่วิกลจริต หรือขอให้ศาลมีคำสั่งใด ๆ เพื่อคุ้มครองฝ่ายที่วิกลจริต นั้นได้

ในกรณีฟ้องเรียกค่าอุปการะเลี้ยงดูตามวรรคหนึ่ง ถ้ายังมิได้มีคำสั่งของศาลว่า คู่สมรสซึ่งวิกลจริตเป็นคนไร้ความสามารถก็ให้ขอต่อศาลในคดีเดียวกันให้ศาลมีคำสั่งว่าคู่สมรส ซึ่งวิกลจริตนั้นเป็นคนไร้ความสามารถ โดยขอให้ตั้งตนเองหรือผู้อื่นที่ศาลเห็นสมควรเป็นผู้อนุบาล หรือถ้าได้มีคำสั่งของศาลแสดงว่าคู่สมรสซึ่งวิกลจริตเป็นคนไร้ความสามารถอยู่แล้ว จะขอให้ ถอดถอนผู้อนุบาลคนเดิม และแต่งตั้งผู้อนุบาลคนใหม่ก็ได้

ในการขอให้ศาลมีคำสั่งใด ๆ เพื่อคุ้มครองคู่สมรสฝ่ายที่วิกลจริตโดยมิได้เรียก ค่าอุปการะเลี้ยงดูด้วยนั้น จะไม่ขอให้ศาลมีคำสั่งให้คู่สมรสฝ่ายที่วิกลจริตนั้นเป็นคนไร้ความ สามารถ หรือจะไม่ขอเปลี่ยนผู้อนุบาลก็ได้ แต่ถ้าศาลเห็นว่าวิธีการคุ้มครองที่ขอนั้นจำต้องมี ผู้อนุบาลหรือเปลี่ยนผู้อนุบาล ให้ศาลมีคำสั่งให้จัดการทำนองเดียวกับที่บัญญัติไว้ในวรรคสอง แล้วจึงมีคำสั่งคุ้มครองตามที่เห็นสมควร

มาตรา 1464/1 ในระหว่างการพิจารณาคดีตามมาตรา 1464 ถ้ามีคำขอศาลอาจ กำหนดวิธีการชั่วคราวเกี่ยวกับการอุปการะเลี้ยงดูหรือการคุ้มครองคู่สมรสฝ่ายที่วิกลจริตได้ตาม ที่เห็นสมควร และหากเป็นกรณีฉุกเฉินให้นำบทบัญญัติเรื่องคำขอในเหตุฉุกเฉินตามประมวล กฎหมายวิธีพิจารณาความแพ่งมาใช้บังคับ

Continue with section 1465: Property of Husband and Wife

See also