Can a building permit be in foreigner's name?

I am building a house on koh jum, krabi. the local or bor tor has refused to issue a building permit in my name, I have a land lease agreement with superficies renewable for 30 years. he says a building permit can only be issued in a thai persons name, what can i do?
Category: Other questions
Asked 9 years ago

Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this question on other bookmarking websites.

He cannot own land but there is no law prohibiting foreigners from being named as the builder and owner of a building on leased land as long as he has permission of the owner to build on his land.The local authority responsible for construction permits could refuse a building permit in a foreigner's name, maybe because he does not know or maybe you have not submitted the correct documents.

When the building is issued in a Thai person' s name (for example the contractor) you could have it changed during the construction to your name (before completion and issuing the house registration book or ' tabien baan').

See also

Answered 8 years ago

Please register/login to answer this question.  Click here to login


Your cart is empty
thai house and ownership deeds and official land and house documents

Q&A land laws in Thailand

Thai contracts

Common questions about real estate, land ownership laws...

Read More

marriage and contract

Q&A marriage laws

Thai contracts

Common questions about marriage in Thailand

Read More

Q&A about lease

Thai contracts

Common questions about tenancy and lease in Thailand

Read More

Q&A about condos

Thai contracts

Common questions about condos and apartments in Thailand

Read More

Q&A limited company

Thai contracts

Common questions about limited company registration in Thailand

Read More

We have 281 guests and no members online

search thaicontracts

กฏหมายไทย isn’t simple!

Thai Contracts by real lawyers with real experience